Shaanxi Normal University CSC Scholarship 2019March 26, 2019
2019-2020 Chinese Government Scholarship—Chinese University Program
Chinese Government Scholarship—Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education in China to support Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions to enroll outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. Shaanxi Normal University is one of the universities receiving international students under this program.
1. Supporting Categories
This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 years or doctoral students for no more than 4 years.
2. Duration of the Scholarship
The Chinese Government Scholarship students who require one year Chinese training should be aware that it is required to pass HSK or pass the designated Chinese examination organized by Shaanxi Normal University after one-year Chinese training. Those who do not pass HSK or the designated examination can continue to study their major for one year, during this period if they still do not pass the exams, the students must return to their countries as non-degree students.
3. Instruction Language and Programs
All programs are Chinese-taught programs and there are three PhD English taught Programs——Education ,Chemistry, Computer Science and Technology.
-2-Year Master Program List: 陕师大两年制硕士专业.xls
-3-Year Master Program List: 陕师大三年制硕士专业.xlsx
-PhD Program List: 陕师大博士生专业目录.xls
4. Scholarship Coverage
This is a full scholarship which covers
●Registration fee waiver
●Free accommodation on campus
Master RMB 3000yuan per month; PhD RMB 3500yuan per month
Designated Insurance Company shall undertake the following insurance liabilities during the period of insurance, Death insurance, accidental disability insurance, Medical Insurance for Accidental Injury, Outpatient and Emergency Medical Insurance, Hospitalization and Medical Insurance.
5. Application Period
15 December 2018 to 10 April 2019
To be eligible, applicants must:
– be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
-Master’s degree applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
-Doctoral degree applicants must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
This program generally does not support registered students who are studying in China when applying for this scholarship.
(1) Chinese-taught Programs:
l Humanities: Applicants should have passed HSK4 when apply. Once enrolled, one-year Chinese training is required. After achieving HSK5 certificate, applicants can study in their major. (Applicants who already have HSK5 certificate do not need one-year Chinese training.);
l Science and Arts (Fine Arts, Music,etc.) : Once enrolled, one-year Chinese training is required. After achieving HSK4 certificate, applicants can study in their major. (Applicants who already have HSK4 certificate do not need one-year Chinese training.);
(2) English-taught Programs:
Except for native English speakers, all applicants are required to provide a valid English level certificate (IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 60 or a corresponding level of English proficiency) . Students are required to pass HSK 3 when they graduate from SNNU.
-Applicants who have research results or who have recieved awards will be prioritized for admission.
7. Application Procedure
(1) Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students,http://www.campuschina.org/. Our agency number is 10718 and please choose the type B. Submit the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online and print a hard copy;
(2) Complete the online application procedure at Shaanxi Normal University Online Application System for International Students, https://snnu.17gz.org/ . Submit the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online and print a hard copy;
(3) Submit all your application documents by post to International Students Office before the deadline 10 April 2019.
(4)Conduct preliminary examination of materials, interviews and comprehensive assessment;
(5)After the final auditing by the China Scholarship Council, the admission name list will be announced online during July-August 2019.
(6) All applicants who do not recieve the Chinese Governemt Scholarship will automatically be cnsidered as candidates for the Shaanxi Normal University International Student Scholarship.
8. Application Documents (in duplicate)
(1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（written in Chinese or English）;Ensure you have both submitted it online and printed the hard copy.
(2)Application Form for Shaanxi Normal University（written in Chinese or English）;Ensure you have both submitted it online and printed the hard copy.
(3) Notarized highest diploma (photocopy);
Prospective diploma winners must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date.
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
(4) Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
(5) Research results. Published thesis, award certificates, etc. to prove their academic achievements and research capabilities;
(6) A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English and sign);
This should be a minimum of 800 words for master applicants and 1500 words for PhD applicants.
(7) Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);
Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by professor or associate professor.
(8)Valid HSK certificate、English level certificate or other corresponding English certificate(photocopy);
(9) Passport photocopy (The page with photo)
(10) Foreigner Physical Examination Form
The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
Pleases keep the original copy of the Form for school registration.
All the documents should be bound together on top left corner in the order of( 1 )to (10).
You should submit TWO sets of bound documents to Shaanxi Normal University before the deadline.
No application documents will be returned.
9. Contact Information
a. Postal Address : P.O. Box 2, International Students Office (ISO), Shaanxi Normal University, No. 199, South Chang’an Road, Xi’an, Shaanxi, China
b. Post Code：710062
c. Contact Person: Mr.Zhu, Ms.Li
d. Tel: +86-(0)29-85303761
e. Fax: +86-(0)29-85303653
You May Also Like: