Scholarship America’s Dream Award has been established to assist students from across the nation entering their second year or higher of education beyond high school. Renewable scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student’s choice. The awards will grow in amount each year, allowing students to receive aid throughout their college careers.
This scholarship program is administered by Scholarship America, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
Applicants to the Scholarship America Dream Award must:
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident card), or individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA).
- Have received a high school diploma or the equivalent from a U.S. school by September 2018.
- Have completed or expect to successfully complete a minimum of one full year of postsecondary education by June 2019.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at the sophomore year level or higher at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire 2019-20 academic year.
- Be studying to obtain an associate’s or first bachelor’s degree.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate financial need.
The number of awards granted will depend on the amount of funds available each year. In addition to the general awards, a portion of the funds have been designated for the World Journal Award for Chinese-American students, Midwest Scholars, and students majoring in a STEM (science, technology, engineering or math) field.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an award ranging from $5,000 to $15,000. Dream Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a first bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Midwest Scholars Awards may be renewed for up to two additional years or until a first bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first.
Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study. Each year of eligible renewal, the award will increase by $1,000.
Previous recipients are not eligible to reapply.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
- Start by clicking Register to Apply at the bottom of this page. You must read and agree to a consent statement, supply a unique and valid email address, and create a username and password.
- Correspondence throughout the application process will be by email. Email messages will be sent to the username and email address registered when you created your account. Be sure to add email@example.com to your contacts or address book and check your email regularly!
- Complete the application by entering data in the format described. Proper punctuation and standard capitalization (Jill Smith, 10 Main Street, New York, NY) must be used.
- During the application process, you may leave the site prior to submission by clicking Save and Log out on each application page.
- Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore answer all questions as completely as possible.
- Once all application requirements are satisfied, click Lock and Submit will be available near the bottom of the Review Application page.
- Carefully review your application before clicking Lock and Submit. Once submitted, you will no longer have access to your application.
- It is recommended that you print a copy of your application for your records.
- You will receive an email acknowledgment of your submitted application.
Your application must be submitted on or before October 15, 2018.
Required Documents for Semifinalists Only
Do not send these documents unless you are notified that you’ve been selected as a semifinalist in mid-November.
Based on the information submitted on the electronic application, semifinalists will be selected by Scholarship America and notified by email in mid-November. Semifinalists will be asked to provide the following documents:
- A current, complete transcript of grades from all colleges, universities, or vocational-technical schools attended. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken. Students with less than one quarter or semester of postsecondary education must submit a high school transcript.
- A completed applicant appraisal form.
- Verification of financial need (copy of the first two pages of the most recently filed IRS Form 1040 or other document corresponding to financial information provided on the applicaton).
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or residency, such as a copy of one of the following: Birth Certificate, Certificate of Naturalization, Permanent Resident Card or document of approval of DACA status.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, statement of goals and aspirations and unusual personal or family circumstances that demonstrate the student has overcome barriers to success, and an outside appraisal. Financial need must be demonstrated and will be used to determine the amount of each award, ranging from $5,000 to $15,000.
An external selection committee comprised of educators and community leaders will select recipients. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Applicants will be notified of their status in mid-November. Semifinalists will be notified of their status in mid-February. Not all semifinalists will be selected as recipients.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments in equal installments in early August and mid-December.
Recipients are required to fulfill the enrollment requirements of the award and to notify Scholarship America of any changes in address, school enrollment, or other relevant information, and to send a complete official transcript when requested.
Recipients of the Scholarship America Dream Award will be required to complete the online EduGuide program and may be invited to promotional events they will be strongly encouraged to attend.
Scholarship America reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.
Click Here to Apply : Scholarship America’s Dream Award
Call: 1-507-931-1682 and ask for the Scholarship America Dream Award Program Manager
You May also Like: