THE INSTRUCTION ON APPLYING FOR
2019 CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP，
- Agency Number10593 (this number will be needed when you are filling the online application form)
- Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
|Categories of Applicants||Duration of Major Studies||Duration of RemedialChinese Language Studies||Duration of Scholarship|
- Language of Teaching
Courses for students obtaining Chinese Government Scholarship are generally taught in Chinese. Students, unless their schools and supervisors provide courses taught in English, are required to take one-year preparatory Chinese language courses before major study. Duration for scholarship could NOT be extended unless the students make written application upon unavoidable reasons.
- Time of Application
Applicants have to submit application documents both online and to GXU before April 20, 2019.
- Qualifications of Applicants
1. Applicants shall be in good health and non-Chinese citizens.
2. Education background and age limit:
– Applicants for master studies must have bachelor’s degree and should be under the age of 35.
– Applicants for Doctorate studies must have master’s degree and should be under the age of 40.
- Content of Scholarship (actual information should depend on relevant files issued by CSC)
1. Free charge of application fee, tuition and dorms on campus.
Master students: RMB 3000 yuan per month, Doctoral students: RMB 3500 yuan per month.
3. Comprehensive medical insurance ( see details of the insurance on the website: www.csc.edu.cn/laihua）
4. Students shall cover the expense of transportation.
Applicants have to prepare and submit the following application documents (in quadruplicate). Application will be denied immediately if it doesn’t follow instructions here.
Applicants shall apply online first and then submit Guangxi University their hard copies of the application documents in quadruplicate through postal service before April 20 2019.
Please follow the steps below to make the application:
1. Applicants shall visit the website of Chinese Government Scholarship and apply online first. (linkage: http://laihua.csc.edu.cn). Applicants are strongly recommended to read through the instructions on the website before making application.
2. Sign up, log in with your user’s name and password and fill in the application information.
3. Fill in the correct Agency Number of Guangxi University: 10593
4. Fill in the application form truly, correctly, and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page.
5. Check carefully before submitting it, print 4 copies of application forms(saved as PDF form). Prepare other supporting documents as required and send full package of application documents to International Education College, Guangxi University (in quadruplicate).
Application Materials (all prepared in quadruplicate with the right order)
|1||Application Form of Chinese Government Scholarship||Stick photo to the application and sign your name at the last page. Note the serial number at the right bottom.|
|2||Recommendation Letter (2 copies)||Referrer must be a professor or associate professor. The letter must be written in Chinese or English.|
|3||Copy of Academic Transcript of Highest degree||Notarized.|
|4||Certifications of Highest Diploma Certificate||Notarized.|
|5||Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months)||1. The form should be filled in English.2. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.3. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.|
|6||A Study of Research Plan||In Chinese or in English, no less than 800 words.|
|7||New HSK Certification||Not essential, but the Hsk-4 or above holder can enter the major studies without one-year Chinese Language studies|
|8||Published Articles||Not essential|
|9||Works of Arts||For Art major applicants, 2 sketches,2 color painting and 2 other works should be submitted in light disk|
|10||Works of Music||For Music major applicants, 1 work of music should be submitted in CD.|
- Colleges and majors
Applicants can choose to study any major of any colleges or schools at Guangxi University except for languages other than Chinese, such as English, Japanese, etc.
To know more about the programs available at GXU,
please visit the website http://gjy.gxu.edu.cn/en/admission/view-programs.html
- Approval and Notification
1. Guangxi University will review all the application materials and is authorized to make neccessary adjustments on the applied majors and duration of study. The qualified applications will be forwarded to China Scholarship Council (CSC) who will make the final decision. The application will be regarded as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
2. Overseas applicants for degree programs who are academically ineligible to the program could register as students-on-probation for at most one year. They could be switched to regular ones if they pass the entrance examination or relevant courses required after one-year probation. Credits scored on probation will be included in the total credits. Students who attend Chinese language training courses before major studies must pass the entrance examination or relevant tests required during their Chinese study so as to continue their major studies. Those who fail the required examinations shall end their study and leave for their home country.
3. Scholarship applicants accepted by Guangxi University will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with endorsement from CSC and submitted to Ministry of Education of China( MOEC) for the record.
4. Students are not permitted, in principle, to change their majors, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
5. The result of application will be announced around 31 July 2019. Applicants will be informed by our emails. The awardees of scholarship will be given Admission Notice and visa application form (JW 201 form). Therefore, pls make sure to provide the correct postal and contact information.
Contact Person: Mr. Chen Lang
Student Administration Office, International College,
Room A105, International College, East Campus, Guangxi University
No. 100 East Daxue Road, Nanning, Guangxi, P. R. China