Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program
In order to promote the mutual understanding, cooperation and exchanges in politics, economy, culture, education and trade between China and other countries, the Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities. China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC), entrusted by the Ministry of Education of People’s Republic of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), is responsible for the enrollment and administration of Chinese Government Scholarship programs.
China University of Petroleum (East China) is a state prestigious comprehensive university under the jurisdiction of the MOE and is proudly on the list of Project 211. The university is also one of the approved universities by the MOE to admit all types of government scholarship students.
1. Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship
2. Scholarship Coverage
(1) Tuition waiver
On-campus living: master’s degree students-double room
doctoral degree students-single room
Off-campus living: master’s degree students-RMB 8,400 per year
doctoral degree students- RMB 12,000 per year
Master’s degree students-RMB 36,000 per year
Doctoral degree students- RMB 42,000 per year
(4) Medical insurance
3. Supporting Categories & Scholarship Duration
|Supporting Categories||Duration of Study Program (year)||Chinese Language (Preparatory Study) (year)||Duration of Scholarship (year)|
|Master’s Programs||Humanities: 2-3||0-1||2-4|
The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language preparatory study. Scholarship recipients of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese proficiency must take Chinese language courses for one academic year to reach the language requirements of our university before moving on to their major studies. Failure to reach the required language proficiency will lead to the automatic termination of scholarship. Scholarship recipients of the English-taught programs or those with adequate Chinese language proficiency do not need to take Chinese language courses.
4. Criteria & Eligibility
(1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
(2) Applicants for Master’s degree programs must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
(3) Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
5. Application Time: between 1 January and 10 April.
6. Application Procedures
(1) Register at CSC Online Application System for International Students（http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/noticeen.html), complete online application information, submit and print a hard copy of the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship. Our Agency Number is 10425.
(2) Send all the required application documents in person or by post to our Admissions Office. Please send application documents by Shunfeng Express or DHL. Admissions office will not track or give feedback to application documents using other delivery services.
(3) Admitted students will receive the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) in July or August.
(4) Admitted students should apply for a Study Visa (X1-visa) in the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in their own countries with the Admission Notice and JW201, and register with our Admissions Office in due time.
(1) Receiving the scholarship and admission result from our university, admitted scholarship students are required to register at our University International Student Online Application System, complete online application information and submit in due time. Students who do not receive any notice from our university or not win the scholarship should NOT undertake the above procedures at our University International Student Online Application System.
(2) Receiving the scholarship and admission result from our university, admitted scholarship students are required to pay a room deposit of CNY 1000 in due time to the accommodation reception of the College of International Education. Room will be reserved from July till the new student registration deadline. The room deposit will be returned upon check-out. The university will NOT refund the room deposit if new students do not register for enrollment and scholarship for any reasons.
7. Application Documents (In Duplicates)
(1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship;
(2) Notarized highest diploma and transcripts. Applicants who have not graduated from their current study shall provide an official document of studentship. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English;
(3) Research Proposal/Study Plan in China (at least 1500 words in Chinese/English)
(4) Two Recommendation letters from professors/associate professors in Chinese/English;
(5) Acceptance Letter from China University of Petroleum (East China) supervisor in Chinese/English (no format requirement);
(6) Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy);
(7) Passport photocopy (if available);
(8) Valid HSK Certificate (if applicable).
8. Contact Us/Mailing Address
College of International Education
China University of Petroleum (East China)
Add: 66 Changjiang West Road, Huangdao District, Qingdao, Shandong 266580, China
Email: email@example.com，firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com