The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program in partnership with Wellesley College United States of America is offering 9 fully funded undergraduate scholarships for African women 2019. The scholarship will cover; full tuition fees, study books and other supplies, accommodation and food, employability skills, mentoring…
Wellesley College is well known for cutting edge research and provision of excellent leadership skill to specifically women from low and middle-income countries. The Wellesley College in United States is among the 10 education institutions which were chosen by the MasterCard Foundation education initiative worth over $500 million.
This scholarship is provided to highly talented Africa women who are committed to making a difference in the world. The scholars will be mentored by highly reputable scholars with the aim of creating good experiences, excellent values, critical thinking and leadership skills.
The Scholars MUST be;
- Academically talented, value the learning as a continuous process and determined to complete their course of study.
- From an economically disadvantaged background which limits them to pursuing higher education.
- Committed to improving the livelihoods of their communities through giving back from the knowledge they will acquire.
- Enthusiastic potential future leaders with ethical values leaned towards improving the lives of others.
- A woman and a citizen of any African country
The scholarship will cover;
- Full tuition fees,
- Study books and other required supplies
- Accommodation and food
- Employability skills training
- Mentoring and career guidance
- Leadership development training
- Internship placement and career opportunities exposure
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are not required to submit separate application forms for the course of study and scholarship. Scholars who submit their application showing financial aid and fulfil the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program criteria for, will automatically be considered for the Scholarship.
The application deadlines vary;
Early decision I deadline is 1st November 2018
Early decision II deadline is 1st January 2019
Regular decision deadline is 15th December 2018
Accelerated admission for only juniors deadline is 15th January 2019
Scholars who will be shortlisted as finalists will be notified and requested to schedule a Skype interview with the university admissions team.
Please visit the college website and the official scholarship page to see the full eligibility criteria and how to apply
You May Also Like: